A background document to inform the development of the national standards for adult safeguarding was published on the day of the seminar. This comprehensive document summarises international, national and academic evidence for adult safeguarding.
Short video created by HIQA and the Mental Health Commission was also launched at the seminar. The video promotes awareness about what safeguarding is and how it is connected to people’s rights, health and wellbeing.
HEAR – Health Evidence Awareness Report is published by healthcare librarians for healthcare professionals as well as the general public on a variety of different topics. This month’s issue focuses on Bereavement and contains research, reviews, guidelines and standards as well as support services, good reads and leaflets and information for the public. Full-text available HERE
Abbeyfeale Bereavement Support Group. Mountmahon, Abbeyfeale, Co Limerick. Bereavement Support Group. Tel: 068 31203. No charge
Bluebox Creative Learning Centre. 8 Limerick Enterprise Development Park, Roxboro Road, Limerick. Creative therapies. Tel: 061 315070; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hospital Family Resource Centre. Knockaney Road. Hospital, Limerick. Counselling service. Tel: 061 383884; Email: email@example.com
Our Lady Queen of Peace Bereavement Support Group. 22 Daly Eve., Janesboro, Limerick Tel: 061 415651. No charge.
Our Lady of the Rosary Bereavement Support Group. c/o 3 Sunville Court, North Circular Road, Limerick. Tel: 087 2366981; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . No charge
This booklet is for people who have an advancing neurological illness, and who want to make plans for their future. It may also be useful for family members, friends, carers and healthcare professionals. It is not for people who have recently been diagnosed with an advancing neurological illness. If you are newly diagnosed, contact an organisation that supports people living with your illness, such as those listed on pages 21 and 22. Although many neurological illnesses progress in a similar way, your illness is individual and unique to you. Understanding the nature of your particular illness will help you as you read this booklet. It can also help you to understand and manage your symptoms, and help you to speak confidently with your healthcare team. You can get information from your doctor and other healthcare professionals, or from the organisations which support people living with your illness. Full-text available HERE
This booklet aims to help you to:
- understand why planning for the future can be helpful
- find out how you can plan for your care in advance
- sort out your legal affairs
The Health Services Change Guide is a helpful and practical resource to support all of us working across the health and social care system to achieve safer, better healthcare, and staff and public value.
The guide incorporates:
- Health Services Change Framework
- Step-by-step guidance and templates to implement the Change Framework that can be adapted and used by local teams and services.
- Additional Resources – signposting you to where you can get additional help.
- It is supported by a Literature Review completed by the Centre for Health Policy and Management, Trinity College Dublin: Understanding Change in Complex Health Systems – a review of the literature on change management in health and social care 2007–2017.
- The Health Services Change Guide complements and supports the work of the Health Services People Strategy – together these two offerings to the system set out our ambition to be leaders in people services working in partnership with service managers to increase relevance and impact particularly for service users, families, communities and staff.
For more information on the Health Services Change Guide, 2018, the Health Services Change Guide Information Leaflet is available from Information and Updates, or please visit the information tabs on the Change Hub Welcome Page The Change Guide and associated resources will be available on the Change Hub in June 2018 and also from www.hse.ie/changeguide.