The HSE have launched the website supporting their Health Services Change Guide. There are a number of documents on facilitating change and the way in which the HSE expects staff, managers and leaders to behave in relation to change. There are also templates, some of which may be useful to those of you leading teams or developing strategies.
The Health Services Change Guide is a step by step guide that will help you to lead and bring about change. This Change Guide works as part of the HSE Human Resource and other service, quality improvement and culture change programmes. In line with Health Services People Strategy 2015 -2018 all of these programmes aim to move closer to the goal of delivering person centred care and public value. Click HERE
The Health Services Change Guide is a helpful and practical resource to support all of us working across the health and social care system to achieve safer, better healthcare, and staff and public value.
The guide incorporates:
- Health Services Change Framework
- Step-by-step guidance and templates to implement the Change Framework that can be adapted and used by local teams and services.
- Additional Resources – signposting you to where you can get additional help.
- It is supported by a Literature Review completed by the Centre for Health Policy and Management, Trinity College Dublin: Understanding Change in Complex Health Systems – a review of the literature on change management in health and social care 2007–2017.
- The Health Services Change Guide complements and supports the work of the Health Services People Strategy – together these two offerings to the system set out our ambition to be leaders in people services working in partnership with service managers to increase relevance and impact particularly for service users, families, communities and staff.
For more information on the Health Services Change Guide, 2018, the Health Services Change Guide Information Leaflet is available from Information and Updates, or please visit the information tabs on the Change Hub Welcome Page The Change Guide and associated resources will be available on the Change Hub in June 2018 and also from www.hse.ie/changeguide.