The Department of Health, UK published a “Basic Guidelines for People who Commission Easy Read Information”. These guidelines introduce a minimum standard for writing easy read material. Full-text to the guidelines are available HERE
These guiding principles are as follows:
- 1. Ensure that people with learning disabilities are involved from the start.
- 2. Provide information through a range of channels and formats.
- 3. Ensure that your information meets users’ needs.
- 4. Clearly signpost to other services.
- 5. Always define responsibility for information provision.